Thursday, March 06, 2008

THE BARREN FIELD


My life has been plowed, cultivated, sown, and harvested. It's now barren. I began this blog writing about my life living with my wife and kids. Now I start again. This time I am writing about my life on the journey of one. I have experienced what many Christian's and non-Christian's know as divorce. Last Valentines day I wrote what what my wife means to me. This past Valentines day my wife of near 20 years filed for divorce. My struggles with mental illness have cost me my financial security, security of my career, and security of the heart. The security of my soul is intact, for I know whom I have believed in that He is able to keep that, which I committed unto Him until that day. Sometimes the farmer has to burn his field and turn the soil to make ready for a new crop. Maybe this is what the Lord is doing to me. I don't know what He is planting, but I will just have to trust him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home